Thread: Hyper H2 setups
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi250 View Post
Hi Andy,

I was at Telford yesterday too and have a similar setup to you and I'm using associated black grease in my gear diff too.

The setup seemed to go well in the dry but when it got wet for the final my car became undrivable, only the slightest touch of the throttle would spin the car around, whereas in the dry it was very stable and wasn't oversteering at all.

I was running the same tyres as you and even backed the slipper off before my wet run.

Any thoughts on what I may have got wrong?

Personally weight is a key to the car from personal experience with the car. What battery formation are you running? I run stubby across the back and it gives me enough grip in the dry and the wet. I have run saddles as well across the chassis and thought that if I was to run them more then would need to add weight in front of the motor behind the batteries. In terms of weight you are talking around 50-60g. I have ran mine in wet conditions over the winter and have never seamed to struggle for rear end grip with this set up.

Also make sure that everything is running free and ensure that the diff has enough grease in it. Think mine has the grease filling well over the diff gears.

TLR - Horizon Hobby - Spektrum - Dynamite