View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019

The Carbon Fibre nylon parts are a lot stronger , so far I've yet to brake a suspension arm or trailing arm printed in CF nylon ,with PLA parts brake easily , with PET-G they still brake ,ABS is a lot better , plain nylon is very string however its quite flexible but CF nylon is as strong as regular nylon but much stiffer and may be something you've not seen used as you need much higher temperatures and more expensive equipment to print it , I have had some trouble with C hubs but I think I have it now making them in plain nylon and at a higher temperature plus Pargu Store sell CNC alloy C hubs so there is a ready option , but that's the only suspension component that I've had trouble with , I'm not driving it like a Traxxas Slash at the skate park though as the original car wouldn't take that either but I'm jumping it on a grass track with the occasional cartwheel and crash , I'm driving it way harder than my genuine Yoke though ! That's kind of the point .
This will probably need a tweak to the gearbox to make it fit , possibly a dedicated gearbox that's adapted around the bearing supports , for those who don't recognize it it's a Scorpion diff with a 3D printed interlocking ring gear that matches the 834b gearbox

The genuine yokomo diff is hard to find , this should mean completing the gearbox is a lot easier and cheaper .

Last edited by Dadio; 07-10-2019 at 10:49 PM.