View Single Post
Old 18-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
The RB5 (flat) arms keep the car flatter through corners and help reduce the mid corner pivot / tucking in of the nose that the RB6 has naturally. As a rule of thumb I run the flat arms everywhere but if I've got enough mid corner rear end but am struggling a little to keep it's nose in then will go back to the stock RB6 rear arms.

As with everything like this it is personal preference / driving style. I know plenty of people who prefer the stock RB6 arms.

My advice is to try them both back-back and see which works best for you.

Reversing the steering rack makes the car feel a little smoother on initial turn in through to about 50% lock.

I often run with the rack reversed but 1.25mm or so of spacing behind the ball stud on the rack to put it back to the stock setting, doing this means it's only seconds work to calm the car down by removing the spacers or equally to put a little more in if I want the car to be more reactive to initial steering inputs.

HTH
Cheers for that Roger, will certainly be trying a few bits out for the next indoor meetings. Reversing the steering rack sounds on its own like it could probably solve a lot of my set up issues. I will look to pick up some flat rear arms to try out too. I'm interested to also try your set up on the astro when I go back outdoors and do a back to back against my DB2.

Cheers again
Chris