View Single Post
Old 28-12-2015

Some Q and A's which are supplemental to the PDF that can be downloaded 2 posts up.

Can any manufacturer's shell be used? Yes. As long as it represents a proper recognisable car.

Standard TC Class: Can I add gear diffs that I can tune with different oils? Diff will still work, but will try 1,000,000 cst in the front to resemble a spool, but will still retain a diff operation? No. Diffs built as per kit.

Standard TC Class: Can I use U/J's? No.

Standard TC Class: Can I use a hi torque servo saver? Yes. It doesn't effect performance of chassis.

Is the TA-02RS eligible? Yes.

Does equipment need to be ROAR approved? No.

Standard TC Class: Can the hop up prop shaft be used? Yes.

Which wings can be used on the Touring Car Classes? Touring Car Wings for all 3 classes: Commercially available SCALE Wings can be fitted to body shells to replace damaged/lost wings. Wings cannot be added to bodies that didn't originally come with one. Emphasis on scale.

Can additive be used on tyres? Yes. except the ones with Wintergreen.

Can we use tyre warmers? Yes.

Can the chassis be modified to accommodate LiPo's which don't quite fit? No for M-Chassis and Stock Touring Car classes. For the other classes (F1, GT TC, TRF TC), any chassis modifications to enable batteries to fit need to be ok'd prior to the event. Please try to avoid these modifications. Some rounded LiPo's such as the Brainergy and Core-RC are the same size as NiMh batteries.

Is the carbon reinforced TA-04R eligible? Yes , but not in the Stock Touring Car Class.

Can the later 2 hole batteries holders be used on the M-chassis and TL-01? Yes . Tamiya items #50793 and #53336.

Can I run a motor heatsink in Stock Touring Car? Yes . Heatsinks or Fans are ok in all classes.

Are shock springs limited to kit in Stock Touring Car? No.

The FF-01 didn't have aftermarket turnbuckles. Are turnbuckles allowed that will fit? Yes .

TA-02 has ball diff in the back and a geared diff in the front. Can I swap the diffs around so the ball diff is in the front? This is for stock class. No.

Last edited by Iconic; 12-01-2016 at 06:19 PM.