View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk-Pedro View Post
Paul,

I don't agree that the reason for combining the classes was because the numbers dropped off for SC and ST.

I do agree that the ST numbers dropped off but that wasn't the case with the SC. Below are the number of drivers in the finals, SC (ST) and |4wd|:
Round 1: 11 (9) |9|
Round 2: 9 (9) |10|
Round 3: 11 (11) |10|
Round 4: 11 (11) |10|
Round 5: 9 (7) |10|
Round 6: 10 (5) |9|

As you can see, SC had enough people, even more than 4wd buggies. Are you combining the 4wd buggies with another class?
ST dropped down to 5 by the last round - fickle bunch...
Seems to me that SC are being penalised for ST not having enough people to make up a class on their own.

The way I see it:
Guaranteeing a SC class will bring either the same number as last year or more, with some becoming members.
Adding SC and ST into one class will put off both SC and ST drivers. I for one won't race if this is the case and I know of others with the same mindset.
Saying that there wasn't enough people is an excuse not supported by facts since 4wd buggies had less drivers and yet aren't being combined into another class.

Regards,
Pedro
4wd isn't a issue as there was enough marshals at each round. It's not a about numbers, it's the marshals. We could run with 8 SC if all 8 could Marshall but as last year this wasn't the case.

With SC there where a few drivers entered that couldn't marshal and that we're doing ST aswell. Which also created problems.

The reason they have also been combined is we have some youngsters at the club who race ST ( we have 2 club truck Durango ST's aswell) and they wouldn't be able to race if we only had SC as we wouldn't have a ST heat.

As said before there is only 1 ST booked in at the moment (the youngster) and he is only doing 2 rounds. The support isn't there for either class Unfortunatly. Round 2 only has 3 SC. The numbers need to be there at each round for the heat to run.

If there are people not booking in because of the mixed heat they needed to come forward few months back not 3 weeks before the meeting. there has only been 2/3 people raise issue with it, which most of them have booked in anyway.