View Single Post
Old 15-08-2008

Jimmy its a shame Im moving back up to the Gold Coast (approx. 900km north) as I would have been happy to pick you up and take you around to all 3 clubs.
For your information 'MHARLOW' would be a great guy for you to meet up with here. He has a wealth of knowledge,a proven race history here in Australia and is a top guy aswell. He also competed is the 89' Worlds alongside many of the worlds best and got some great results. You probably wont find a nicer guy that would be able to show you around.
I am a member of the Ryde club and even though Im not the most competitive driver the track is always in great shape making for some nice laps.
As for St Ives-this is where the worlds were held and for a real taste of nostalgia you can run here any time you like on an almost unchanged track layout since that big event. I personaly like the place because its well shaded with trees and plenty of greenery. Sorry mate,there is not 'astro turf' here-ha ha aha.. Ausralian tracks are mostly good old fashioned 'DIRT'. The U.K. drivers had little idea what to expect when they were here for the 89 worlds. They were far too used to the indoor tracks I think.
I havent run at Catle Hill in many years but from what i hear the track offers a good challenge to even the best of drivers.
Either way all 3 clubs are close by and Im sure someone here will help you out when you are in town.
If you get the chance we are racinga 4 hour vintage buggy enduro down in Melbourne around the same time you are here. Drop me a PM and i'll give you my mobile number and I'll see what we can do to accomodate you.
I'll leave you with some very recent pics of st Ives. Enjoy!