View Single Post
Old 29-07-2013

You know what guys, you're very harsh on your club and its track. Many clubs wish they had something approaching it!
It gave you something to race on the last couple of years, and you can improve it relatively easily. But it was a start, and let's be thankful to the person(s) who made it possible. I helped to design and build the old track (and several before that at Sunny Bank) the resources we had then were unbelievable; it was a great track.

I've attended every National this year with Luke and Josh - some good tracks. But you know what - several people were moaning and criticising all of them! That's life.

Best thing to do, having listened, and thought about it:

* Lift sections of the Astro, and build say two table tops, and a large triple jump, with humps and troughs wide enough so you can opt to do 1+1+1, 1+2, or 2+1 safely or with risk, to suit driving style, track layout and car. Measure Broxtowe triple, and Stotfold table tops - they work really well. Don't reinvent the wheel - those features work. The dimensions are critical and there to be measured and reproduced.

* I personally think introducing different running surfaces adds interest and enjoyment. If funds stretch that far it's a good idea.

So thanks to those who made the current track possible. If we can improve it, great. But we couldn't if it wasn't there to star with!

Ed