View Single Post
Old 29-07-2013

I havent been racing long and Ive only raced at Bury so heres my fresh take on the track and club.

The guys there are really friendly and very welcoming and adds to the enjoyment of a race day and whilst the track is very user friendly and adaptable, with such great versatility in terms of layout, I do agree that a new feature or a re-model would be cool.

Props to the guys who design the track and set it out though, they do a great job with what they have got and I like the fact that I havent raced on the same track twice! Its adds the element of having to adapt your car and driving style to the different layouts whereas with a permanent track I guess you learn it, set your car up to it, and drive round it endlessly, which isnt all that appealing to me as the challenge of facing a new layout each time is exciting. So I think this works in favour of the club as surely I cant be the only one who likes the concept of evolving track designs!

As for keeping the same circuit so you know if you are getting faster, and how we are improving, maybe run a timed practice day every couple of months. With the same track layout every time so you actually do know if you are lapping at a faster rate than you previously were.

But back on topic I drew up alittle track map on publisher and put in what I thought would be cool on the track. Ive seen someone mention a 3-way table top infront of the rostrum and I like the idea too (its the feature in red on the little map) I think if it was linked to the dome in the middle it would also provide areas for off - camber corners and a little variety in the design of the track layout. But sticking to the idea of removable features so kids dont ruin them with the bikes etc. There are a couple of ideas in the bottom left and right corners of the picture, and maybe surfacing them and the wooden jumps with astro (dont know if it can be done) or leaving them blank would also mix things up alittle.

Just my thoughts anyway, but regardless of the track, I will still be racing there as personally, I don't find it 'crap' and always leave the rostrum with a smile on my race (even if I did rubbish!)

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture of track amendments.jpg (13.9 KB, 45 views)