View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016

Default Fantastic discussion.... Keep it going....

F1 use weight. They all want a driver that is as light as possible, so they can use extra weight in whatever position to get the right balance and get them to the minimum weight limit.

I'm used to setting a car up, so no problem there. Well, I'd like to thi nK so.... Just I'm from an era in late 80s to 1995 where you did not add weight as batteries barely lasted 5.5mins and motors and speed controllers were less efficient and heavier so it wasn't an option to add weight. Now a tiny bit of carefully placed extra weight could make more of a difference to laptimes due to better handling, as the power and efficiency is soo much better.

Really interesting discussion, and helpful. I know people all have different view, and I'm sure we can all discuss thi gs without falling out over any differences of opinion.

My old futaba receiver that I'm still running is probably 40grams and the size of a matchbox. It's up on its end as I couldn't fit it in my b5m lite otherwise. For weight distribution in my RC10 I used to slide my receiver and novak esc back and forward as they were relatively heavy compared to modern day electronics and I had space in the chassis.

Duncan Pole
www.glasgowrc.com

ae B6.2 & B6.2D
ae RC10 Team Car (original black tub version)
Sanwa - Reedy - Savox - Hobbywing - Centro - THR

If I have any stuff for sale you will find it here:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/duncanglas...1&_ipg=&_from=