View Single Post
Old 14-12-2014

I saw your race Mark and to be honest you weren't the only victim of poor driving let me assure you although you appeared to come off worse. The first 5 laps or so were chaotic throughout, someone would be tagged so that seemed to give them the divine right to smash their way back through to regain the place wasn't good to watch. I'm more annoyed by the fact that we had a lot of new drivers there today so it isn't a good advertisement for our club. That said, indoor racing on slippy floors such as us and Chadderton. seem to breed terrible driving in my opinion. Lots of lads run 4wd indoor as they find it easier than tickling a 2wd around which is fair enough but the speed of the car's are ludicrous!

Indoor racing requires a smooth driving style or the car will be sliding about. I don't call any of the drivers today as dirty just careless. There does seem to be a large growth in 4wd drivers through the winter many admitting that "2wd is too hard to drive on the slippy floor" again it's up to the driver what they run but running 2wd will ultimately make them better drivers as you can't just throttle jam your way around the track using others as brakes.. If you hit someone out the way with a 2wd on slippy you lose momentum yourself which isn't good for either of you.

So to sum up you have lads who are admittedly not good enough to run 2wd on the slippy using 4wd's with stupidly fast motors and overshooting corner after corner... Maybe more need to dust off their 2wd's!!

Chris