View Single Post
Old 31-12-2013

Default Ramp build! update.....

I just been thinking about how we do our ramps, although they are good once built it seems a litte bit of a chore and sometimes takes longer to build than the track!

So I have come up with some ideas, some very rough sketches that I have done but hopefully you will get the idea

My idea would be that they are basically independent sections that would just push together to make various layouts, I have kind of drawn them as a straight table top and a corner table top but they wouldn't have to be like this all the time

I would maybe have the idea of having castors and or rubber feet on the bases so the sections can be wheeled in and out easy as the 8x4 sheets are heavy and hard work lifting at the mo, the rubber feet would protect the floor. I don't think the storage would be too much of a problem as the would nest together and possibly slide under the rack if it was sorted out a little

I can knock these up no problem and I am willing to get everything together to do them, transporting the maybe a slight problem as my van isn't the biggest but I could make them/ transport a couple of parts every other week or as and when I get time to do them

Now the bit I'm not sure about, the budget! Would the club have some/ be willing to spend a little money on doing this? I have a very rough idea of the cost of the wood ect to do but maybe this needs to be talked about?

Any ideas thoughts ???????? Good idea/bad idea ?????

Last edited by Andyp; 10-06-2015 at 07:57 PM.