Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien racing View Post
Hello Origineelreclamebord !

Like you know, perhaps, I am racing my personal FWD Offroad prototype (The Alien Racing Ynot) since february this year.

So of course I am far far away from your FWD Offroad car'setting knowledge.

That's why I wanted to ask you some question to help me better understand my car. Hope you don't laugh at me...

So even if I haven't find the best set ups for carpet and Astro tracks (I have find something good for Dirt track ) , I can see that I have a big difficulties with jumps without speed (just after a corner for example).

I'am driving my Ynot with a 13.5 motor just like it's authorized in France (Standard category).

So, each time I have to make a jump without speed just after a corner, my car takes not enough speed to jump it. It's very difficult for whoops for example.

Do you (or did you) have the same problem ? If you did, how did you cure this ?

Thanks for your answer...

Another question about the spacers you put underneth the shock pistons : 10mm front and 3mm rear (as I have seen weel) :

-> What is the purple of these spacers and what is there impact on the car efficiency and comportment ?

-> Do you still have enough droop travel ? What is your ground clearance when you lift up the chassis at the max ?

And my last one if you don't mind

-> Did you test the front gear diff with a very hard compound of oil inside ? What is the max you have test and what is your opinion ?

Thank you a lot if you could find some time to answer all my questions...

Phil
With Fwd, the drive wheels are dragging the car rather than pushing the car. So the dynamics is slightly different. Where my standard rwd 2wd car runs 8.5T, my FF210 runs 6.5T and it handles this power quite nicely. I fear with the 13.5t you're not getting enough power down to make the jump?

Re. The shock spacers, I will let Orb reply you on that lol ......

RC Blogger and Enthusiast
Mad about Orb Racing and FWD RCs