Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2016

have removed the outer and inner spikes on the tyres i have been testing with (not the ones in the photo's!), will try taking another outer row off. width front and rear is 248mm so just legal. havent tried glue on the sidewalls, didnt even think of that. inserts are just standard foam but fairly hard, never even tried moulded inserts in the 30 odd years i have been racing!! havent really had any problem with the rear end of the car hooking at all, rear grip seems incredible really. have only used 2wd fronts though, will have to try the 4wd fronts on the rear to see what the difference is. raising the rear pivots on the chassis reduced the roll to the outside a bit, and when i made the carbon shock tower to replace the plastic one i revised the tie rod positions slightly too which has helped. the car is absolutely amazing fun to drive on low grip tarmac and gravel, its really stable and accelerates really well. it drives nicely on grass too, just has a little too much front end, as if it could do with more worn tyres, which obviously i cant really do as i would lose too much traction. hoping to get the rear wishbones printed in bridge this week instead of abs, might consider a run in the welsh league meeting then, although the abs rears have taken some good hits and not broken...... to change the roll centre and pivot angle is easy, the suspension mounting blocks are zx5 ones and have a good quantity of spacers to play with, all leftovers from my other 2wd

Last edited by dodgydiy; 17-07-2016 at 09:45 PM.