View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012

Hi All,

A frustrating result to the day all in all, many apologies for those who travelled a distance to then have to go back home again. I hope you understand that it was just not viable to call the day off before this morning and that we had to make the trip and see for ourselves to make the decision.

Seeing so many of you turn out was excellent to see and I feel dejected that we couldn't put the race on for you - with such standing water in the main straight, an area of the track which could not be avoided, we had to take the call that the risk to individuals safety and their equipment meant that we should look to the reserve date instead.

In regard to the reserve date, this is August 12th and unfortunately we cannot have any flexibility on this, we have to publish a full calendar early in the year so that individuals can plan their year accordingly - there are many individuals who rely on the regional series for F grade and EOS final qualification, if you spring a new date into the calendar now with no warning and they cannot attend, it can prove costly and is unfair (because of this, up until around 2 years ago we did not have a reserve date and a lost meeting meant a reduction in series length). We now publish the reserve date early on so people know to try and keep that date free, as it will then be used in circumstances such as this.

As was mentioned over the PA today, YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-ENTER FOR THE LEDBURY RESCHUDULED RACE, ENTRIES WILL NOT BE CARRIED OVER! We will look at the form over the next week or so and I will come back to you to confirm how you can go about re-entering.

See you all back at (a hopefully drier!) Ledbury, on May 20th for 4wd round 2.