View Single Post
Old 23-03-2007

The brushless setup in that car on Tamiya's site is pretty much identical to mine except the speedo is the other way round (the solder tabs on mine are facing outwards, maybe not the best idea so I may well turn it round) and the motor is sitting round the other way with the solder tabs facing forward, and the leads going over the top of the motor. I unsoldered the leads off the motor and soldered on three 3.5mm stubby corally type tube connectors so I can plug in different motors. I've got a 100mm Hall lead on the way as well, the one with my motors are about a mile long! At the moment I haven't got room for the heatsink on the speedo as mine is one of the later evo speed controllers with the bigger power capacitor which woin't fit anywhere apart from on top of the speed controller! I'm not too fussed at the moment, I'm running indoors (with a 5.5 motor set to 60% throttle travel on the transmitter... technically cheating but the guys at the club don't seem to mind) I'll be bunging my 15.5 motor into it when it arrives. For the outdoor series this year I want the motor heatsink with fan, and the clip-on motor heatsink and fan as well, otherwise I can see my motor and speedo getting a bit toasty...
-Steve
Present: Tamiya DF-03
Future: Tamiya TRF501X