View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenextreme View Post
Currently in clubman there should be no boost and no advance timing, only motor advancing is allowed. Am I to assume that what people want is to change to brca and allow timing advancement on the speedo and motor now? Or am I reading this wrong.
I took it that what was being suggested is that we are only allowed to use the speedos on that list. Keeping the whole no timing on the ESC as currently is. Though I could be wrong! (blinky on a tekin means no timing or boost whatsoever)

I was thinking about this, and i reckon, yes its nice to be able to tell if a speedo has no timing advance or boosts, but as long as a driver has some method of showing this thats all thats important (using laptops, showing the user manual, showing the blinky LEDs, what ever)

Already the DMCC rules and the RCCAOI rules show that for a competition the Battery and Motor should be EFRA/BRCA approved. I think we should keep it that way.
Going down the road of forcing people to use particular ESCs could be forcing people with old or HK type escs to go out and buy new ones with money they havent got. This may particulary effect new racers, and with the small following we have here in ireland, we dont want to be scaring anyone off.
Lets keep the current clubman class as is.. 10.5 and no ESC timing or boost

www.dublinmodelracing.com