View Single Post
Old 13-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
I dont think any kind of kickstarter will help of they wont release the patents and rights to ise the name..in my opinion of course
Ron, there are no active Patents on the Pred design, and no current active design rights anymore.

On the 'other' laydown suspension car being developed atm, go on facebook and search for 'MRO racing' and the 'Inspire 4' buggy for more info.

No i don't have any connection to him - don't even know him tbh - but ive heard hes a damn good driver and has done some popular Durango conversions in the past. I'm sure loads of people reading this will know him though. And it looks as though he will also do a Kickstarter to fund it.

Hopefully though he will have studied and learnt from the mistakes of TTech & most importantly Team Xtreme - i.e. don't design or take on a cracking, unique car, then add to it by making some cracking conversions ( the Vega's which were awesome ) then Right Royaly f*ck it completely up with piss-poor communication & after sales service.

I can see how it happened though. People interested in doing things like this generally get the design/engineering/tooling/part cost sorted easily enough, but then seem to almost forget to factor in the packaging/printing/shipping/distribution/spares stock/storage costs, and most importantly the manpower to do it all, often for years after you've released the product. The profit you make on the car has to pay for EVERYTHING, including your time to send out kits, spares, plan & design upgrades, problem solve, advertise & promote what you are doing, answer hundreds of e-mails & phone calls - sometimes daily - and generally sort sh*t out sometimes for YEARS afterwards.

TTech & TX were perfect examples. Both companies had brilliant designers & engineers in them without a shadow of a doubt, but there wasn't enough dedicated manpower ( and/or money ? ) to sort out the after sales. That gets you the bad reputation, people then get wary so less sales. Less sales means less profit, and it spirals downwards from there.

So Mr MRO Racing, if you read this, please don't even think to release what looks to be a brilliant buggy without ALL your future costs, labour & commitment worked out as far as humanly possible for at least 3 years, to the last penny & minute - no-one here wants you to become TTech/TX Part Trois... if you do, Ron will be on your case in 0.00001 of a second

Oh and if you want to see what happens when people f*ck up a exciting, publicly backed, hugely anticipated product - the Sinclair Vega+ ( no relation to TX Vega's ! ) - just google it. No, ill help you there :

http://retro-computers.co.uk/

Its a long, sad story that one !

Last edited by Dyna; 13-08-2018 at 05:39 PM.