View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboneecanada View Post
I checked mine with the ones that I have for the xx4 and there was no match. they were the same length. Is it because they were from the rear?

the stock xx4 front ones don't have the "cup" style. it's like a double U joint.

and does the tiny collar go on the shaft side of the hub? I thought that it could be just that collar that made the difference.

I guess what I'm asking is :

is the MIP front shaft longer or is it just because of the collar?
thanks
Sean

Have a read of this:
http://www.2wdrc.com/tech_bk2_axles.html

XX4 axles are not the same as BK2 axles. All Losi cars have the same axles (when using CVD shafts I mean), except for one - the BK2. the difference is that the hole for the pin is (I estimate) 4mm further out. This is what suits the X-6.

You can redrill XX4 axles to match, with a good pillar drill. If you do this, I recommend having some (borrowed) BK2 axles to hand to get the distance right.

The collar goes behind the bearing, it is the first thing you put on the axle before putting the axle through the hub. You are right, by doing this it makes the difference we need, but it will move the hole for the drivepin so you can;t use that - so you won;t be able to drive any wheels.