Thread: Top Night!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FONG View Post
just to add this is york OFF ROAD car club!
i think 2 jumps are much better than one.
Off road doesnt mean jumps. Never has, never will, but I agree, i'd rather have 2 jumps than 1, i'd rather have 10 jumps than 1. I'd just rather they were good jumps, than jumps which if missed even slightly mullered the front end of your car.

I appreciate the challenge of the design, but i dont appreciate the lack of forgiveness built into the design. The 540 class has 17 people in it, of those 17, at least 9 were of a similar standard to me, beginners, people starting up in the sport, and thus not that skilled. To put a jump which had to rolled or jumped to perfection to avoid a flat landing on a solid gym floor, as well as a jump with a very inconsistant take off in a track which had to cater for so many differing skill levels is, and i'm searching for an appropriate word to express my opinion here, unfair to those if us without massive budgets and less skill/experience than those in the higher formula races.

I do realise that the track has to be built to cater for all classes, and i do also realise that some weeks you get a track which suits your skills (as last weeks track did for me) but no other weeks track has made me feel so apprehensive about it. I was genuinely concerned for the safety of the marshalls, as well as for the cars racing.

But, from the responses, clearly thats just me, and no one else had any issues at all, so please, feel free to disregard my comment, and instead focus on the part which said thanks for the meeting, it was fun, and i did enjoy the social aspect of it, if not the repair bill. I'll be back next week guys!!

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback