View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012

Hi All.

So we are just over a week away from our social event and I thought it might be worth a few more details.

First of all the food situation! Shaun has kindly offered to bring his large gas BBQ along and I have bought a big (ish) coal fired one. We will set both of these up early in the evening and then it’s up to you to cook/burn/cremate your own food. I think it makes sense that everyone just brings along what they want to eat. I had considered buying/organising a load of meat but with the weather it just seems to risky and I really don’t want to be held responsible when someone chokes on a sausage that has been turned to charcoal.

I really hope that everyone can bring families, partners wives and children along as I think it will make for a fun night and they will make useful marshals… lol

I think that some fun racing would be a nice idea and as I said before I am thinking of three- a team relay race, a vintage race and a free for all “run what you bring”. Here are my plans for the three races

Race 1- Relay
3 people per team
On the grass track
Minimum of 2 cars per team (so two drivers can use the same car if you trust you batteries that much)
Each driver to do 8 laps
1 member of each team must marshal at all time
Each team to contain mixed abilities

Race 2- Vintage
Held of the grass track
2 second delayed start for every year your car is newer than the oldest car on the day
2 second delayed start for every ‘non original’ component (ie ESC, brushless motor, lipo)
2 second delay for being too good at driving
10 lap race

Race 3- Run what you brung
Run for 10 laps of the large circuit on the dirt track
Staggered start for the following 4 groups
Group A- Anything smaller than 10th and any “fun/RTR” cars
Group B- 2wd 10th scale
Group C- 4wd electric buggies
Group D- Nitro buggies and Truggies

There could be cars that turn up for the ‘free for all race’ that don’t fit in these catergories but we can add these as we see fit. As the organiser I also retain the right to move you to a different group if your driving is too good… (Jonathan I am thinking of you with this one!!)

In an ideal world I would like to get this all sorted before the day as we will be tight for time so if you would like to enter any/all of these races can you please let me know which, what you will be running and for vintage the details of your car. If you would like to run in the relay let me know and I will sort teams the best I can based on my knowledge of peoples driving but I might need some help with this. Can you please email me ASAP so I can get planning. For those of you who don’t know my job involved lots of project management so I can help but need a plan and checklist for this type of thing!! My email address is maxsiliprandi@gmail.com.

I am really looking forward to seeing you all

Max