View Single Post
Old 13-10-2011

To clear things up we are racing, but our final position (best of 2 rounds) qualifies us for our heat the following week.

Although it is a similar concept to heats and finals, rolling on over from week to week, it is not the same. Track obviously changes and so does the people who turn up from week to week.

As for driving standards, the lower heats are populated by individuals with lower skill levels, and the speed of the 13.5t boosted motors makes it difficult for lower skilled drivers to get round the track cleanly. period.

There are however individuals with a high degree of skill, who normally populate the A, who have no excuse in allowing their car to hit another drivers car.... Sadly they do not care about lower skilled club drivers, and will gladly punt the the hell out of the less skilled under the banner of 'lapping' if they have a bad week and are knocked down a heat or two.

I wonder what message this is sending out..... but not a positive one I’m guessing.

There is 'winning' at any cost and there is having a 'good race' with somebody. Sadly too many people are putting too much into the former and not enough into the latter.

My opinion is that as a club we should have respect for each other, and not get pissed off and harpoon somebody else. The evening should revolve around taking part and having a good time, and enjoyment, after all there is only ever one winner.... And normally that’s the same person. I do understand this is not everybody’s cup of tea.... oh well

Weekend racing with heats and finals and a big commitment in time is where there may be the need for referees

I guess this is where i stand anyhow.

Cheers

Ollie