View Single Post
Old 13-10-2011

Hi Scott,

I like your idea, the only problem is that people can and do loose track of their position, you only need the odd crash or other upset in the race...

So you have the individual who believes he is lapping, calling out... and the person being lapped, who may not even know the individual or the car of that person calling out...

Most of the time people get the idea, but it is not infallible... which i think is what you need for a rule...

At the end of the day it is based on good will, if you ask an individual to move over and they don't, for whatever reason, i would suggest that it would be better to hang back and wait for an opportunity. I do know that this can get a little frustrating, because i do it, if i cause an accident it is because i have made a mistake.... 9 times out of 10 they will move over anyway.

One way to really upset anybody is to come up to them and at the first available chance, drive over them... or tbone them... because they have not moved over the millisecond they get near you. (not having a dig at you here scott, but there are drivers in the club that have done it to me and that i would lay money down that they would do it to me again in an instant... being that i am a 'club' driver...) if people do this, they should expect that the next time the come round to lap (and i'm not saying it is correct here either) for it to be a little harder ....... its just human nature... thats why respect is the best policy all round...