View Single Post
Old 31-01-2011

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS

Today's track test went aton better than the first time I took it to the track. This time it actually ran for more then a minute. Actually I was at the track for about 2 and a half hours and put alot of time on the buggy. The front and rear a-arms held up great. Since I'm a new driver I wasn't easy on it at all and they held up. I did break the wing mount and also the B4 bulkhead that I cut in half for the upper a-arms. These things didn't break until the end of testing though. The cvds held up great and I'm very happy with them. For gearing I started out 21/78 but the motor wasn't getting warm at all so I went up to 23/78 and I'm still not sure that is high enough gearing. I think I could go up to 24/78 or 25/78 tops.

Unfortunately, as far as handling goes I don't have anything to compare to because I haven't driven another buggy on that track. I'm also not a good enough driver yet to tell if a car is handling great. One thing I can comment on is the traction. In most places the traction was pretty good. I did have to be careful in some parts not to spin out.. but at the same time I wasn't using the recommended compound of tire so that may have had something to do with it. I think I also might be able to squeeze some more steering out of it.I'm very happy with how today went and I think with some tuning and more track time this thing can handle really well.

At the track I picked up some paint for the body. Tomorrow I have a shipment of parts coming in along with the body. I'm going to continue to work on the carbon fiber chassis parts and then paint the body and do some finishing touches and tuning. Unfortunately, I can't make it to the track until Friday or next Sunday.

Finished pictures will be posted February 10th. And believe me it will end up looking so much better then it does now.

12 days till debut!