View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006

DCM- What is the idea behind reversing the front arms?

Regarding the shocks, I'm of the opinion that it is better to wait until we see what the df-03 optional shocks are available.

I'm certainly not keen on having bigger shocks on the front, because a taller tower will increase the likelyhood of stress on the gearbox top.

If the df-02 shocks prove to be good enough long term (or the new shocks are similar length) then I'd like to swap to a short ball-end and run an even lower tower than the kit item, as at the very least it will reduce the possibility of any breakage in the front end.

My prototype rear tower is already approx 5mm shorter than std, in an attempt to get the right amount of droop when running the outer arm hole, and will probably become even lower depending upon what shocks and ball-end combination I choose.

Incidently, a search of the net reveals a large number of guys in Japan working on this car, doing all sorts of interesting mods to it. I for one am quite enjoying the ability to have a car and be able to personally customize it, rather than simply dropping a very boring 2wd on the track just like everyone else