View Single Post
Old 21-08-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Just a quick update on the national series.

The series is currently being led by Ben Cosgrove running an HPI Trophy RTR. HPI got a great RTR 1-2-3 last time out at deerdale.

http://www.deerdaleoffroad.com/BRCA_...er3/series.htm

I wasn't expecting my 5000 cells to last on the astroturf but surprisingly it took less out than the dirt tracks and 15 mins was achieved easily.

Its good to see such a mixture of cars on track and the results just go to show that you don't need a mega-bucks pro race chassis to compete at the front.

We run the standard HPI RTR Flux systems that come in the kits and I currently run some £40 5000mah Turnigy cells. So if anyone is a little bit unsure of wether to compete in this series next year, don't worry. The 8th nationals can be done on a budget competetively.

Hopefully next year will see larger numbers and more works drivers showing intrest.

There's one more round to go which is a re-run of the cancelled Coventry round which is on the 30th sept. So if you have an elec 8th and want to race it, get booked in or if you don't have one, come and have a look and see what you're missing.