View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013

Feel free to ignore my advice, but I have been in a similar boat.

I raced cars as a teenager and did ok, Club B/A final. Came back to sport 2/3 years ago and actuaooy got a 1/8 nitro buggy (as i always wanted one aswithid). Bought Losi 8 (decent competition buggy) second hand pkus most of the gear. Didn't want to buy new in case i didn't stick at it. It was a good decision and all wentvwell.

Got rid of the 1/8 and swapped it for a secind hand Team Associated b44. Main reason for swapping was so I could go racing with my little boy. I got him the FTX Vantage rtr and its been amazing value, had no problem with parts, thay are readily available online and very cheap, much cheaper than the B44.

Having said that, if you reasonably competant then I would recommend you spend some more money and get a second hand race set up. The vantage is perfect for a novice or young driver, but if you are half decent and buy the best value brushed version it won't be long before you will replace the servo, motor and esc.

The brushless set up is better, but if you are at that price then if it were me i would get the team durango dex 210 rtr, which is selling for £169 at the mo.

Anyway I've bored you enough. Give me a shout if you have any questions