View Single Post
Old 13-05-2013

Hi Chris,

I'm basically a noob but I got a brushless vantage for Christmas and that's what has gotten me into racing, don't get me wrong its a decent car, however some parts do have a tenability to break quite easily, like gearbox casing and the front chassis plate, which is highly annoying as its a farce to repair,

It will go round a track quite well, definitely need sway bars, they make a huge improvement and some better tires as the stock ones are solely for bashing,

so on the face of it the brushless setup looks pretty good value for money, but I will list some things I have noticed,
the charger is pants, takes like 6 hours to charge the standard 2700mAh battery,
the 2.4 system is fine, but very basic, (if you are getting more into club racing you'd be looking to update this anyway)
the steering servo needs updating instantly if you are to compete with it,
brushless system is unsensored (if you've driven a sensored system its highly unlikely you will ever go back to sensor-less)

since then I have bought a tlr 22, I know it is 2wd, but the thing is undestructable, the only thing I have broken is a rear wing, and that was because I spent more time on it than the wheels for a practice session.

I would argue that if you are getting back into it, you are better off to get yourself a buggy that can stand up to a proper beating (as I race 2wd now I dont have much knowledge of the strongest 4wd buggies) , with some semi decent electronics (just turned down to start with) and go from there, instead of buying the brushless vantage because I'm pretty sure you will grow out of it quite quickly.

there have been some pretty good deals in the forsale section which included literally everything you would need charger ect, and for the slightly extra money you get a much better car, much better electronics and many spares and tyres than you do witha new vantage

just my 2 pence