View Single Post
Old 19-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayropes View Post
Looks super tasty that!!

How do you rate the quality of the kit compared to the xb4?, I hate to say it but looks even better!!
The XB4 was excellent of course, but this feels differently good. similar if not better really. Things like sometimes on the XB4 you were having to work hard to get the screws into the plastics, wrist ache, and you could feel the heat in the screws from the friction as you screwed it into the plastic bits. None of that with the Bmax4, screws go in easily. Also i like the fact they use different grades of plastics depending on if the parts need to flex or not. Example wing mounts. The XB4 wing mounts were forever breaking. They were just brittle, in my opinion, but made out of the same grade of plastic as everything else. The bmax on the other hand they are made out of a more flexible plastic and look like they will take much more abuse, also bumper also is the same, certainly different plastic to the bulkheads and gearbox casings and arms. The Yokomo shocks are a better experience. The xb4 shocks are not bad, but i found the lack of anything to hold the shock body with a bit of a problem sometimes with things got tight, or you wanted to screw the cap on tight, to stop the leaks.
For me the only "bad" bit about the bmax4 is the availability of white wheels. there are none at the moment, so i'm stuck with yellow!
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------