View Single Post
Old 18-10-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Yep - I was a bit miffed as I'd already diagnosed the fault myself and he agreed on the phone that my problem was the resistor.
I asked him if he'd bring the part but he avoided committing - saying he wanted to have a look himself - fair enough. Thing is it took minutes to assess I was correct. Then he tried to tell me the £20 part was £80!
Also he 'reccomended' I replace the heater parts (another £200+) of parts which were functioning properly - just in case!

3.5 hour job - I can replace the part in 2mins flat. Only problem is wiring. If I spliced the new resistor into the wiring I could do it myself in 15mins - but I'd rather not do that.

I have no problem paying to get a job done - the car has cost me close to £2k recently with various garages - just don't like getting my shirt lifted and wondered if I could find somone on here I could trust to helc

Mark - let me know who the 'us' is and then I know which company to avoid if I take the car to a garage.
My local renault dealer only charge £70 to diagnose a fault - and that is waivered if you have the work done.
They carnt be making money then, 70 to diag, or waive that for the diag and charge 20 part plus 5 mins labour....only going on labour times from autodata,personally we dont touch french efforts