View Single Post
Old 15-09-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Period electrics are hard to source. It ends up coming down to who can find the best brushed esc etc. At least with brushless and lipo everyone can have as much power as they can take which is actually more even!
But tyres are a good idea - I propose the Schumacher Block. Really they should be in Blue which was the only compound available back then but unless we want to be fussed with checking compounds I'd suggest we allow yellow and green. Its a very hard wearing tyre, comes in 2in (but can stretch onto 2.2's) and offers good but limited grip which will restrict speeds.
RC10 classics, Scorpions etc can use either the kit tyres in their non-standard sizes (since they offer no advantage) or Blocks if fitted with 2/2.2in wheels.

No Maddy your Losi is far too good and too new. Just look at the performance difference between your Losi and my RC10 compared to your RB6 and my 4210. With the modern cars we aren't that far apart, with the older ones its multiple laps. Admittedly I was having issues with the RC10's but thats not enough to explain the difference.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)