View Single Post
Old 16-05-2020
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sorry/not sorry about resurrecting an old thread. Lockdown life has gotten me bored to tears and I've just read all 7 pages to kill time.

Interesting one of the points in a previous page mentioning that Paul W had alluded on a podcast that the top racers use new tyres per run to maintain consistency.

I guess also, at the end of the day, the National series has an important bearing on racing in the Euros where you would probably expect to chuck new rubber on for each heat and final.

Would a sensible approach not be to make changes at a Regional level?
I don't know anywhere near enough about BRCA 1:10th offroad structure but I'm guessing that Regionals feed into Nationals, and the Nationals feed into the Euros etc?

Encourage club and regional level competitor numbers by restricting the control tire to a single selection (I think 1:10th TC only have one control tire?) at the AGM. If Darts don't offer the cost/longevity then get to the AGM in numbers and vote the Pro-Line in (all hypothetical selections of course).

If after dominating your regionals you then decide to make the jump to Nationals you accept that you'll need an OnlyFans account to help fund your tire addiction, but at least you have the option to just stick around a Regional series where the costs are lower.

Most motorsport classes have different tire manufacturers across classes (think WSB, Moto2, MotoGP etc).

Just a boredom related thought

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups