View Single Post
Old 23-02-2015

Hi Mate,

I ran the Kyosho RB6 for a season and its a great all round chassis capable in both high and low grip. That said the trend over the last 18 months or so has gone toward the more high grip specific chassis' such as the Schumacher KF2 you mentioned. Cars such as the the KF2 have the motor further forwad in the chassis making for a more balanced car with more on power steering which suits the high grip surfaces we race on. This is obviously a trade off though as the high grip cars are, as it says in the title High Grip car's so when the grip level is lower they are trickier to drive than a conventional mid motor car such as the RB6.
I did enjoy the RB6 it was a superb car, fast, reliable and VERY robust however the forward motor revolution came about and saw most people and manufacturers begin to favour the forward motored designs.

The RB6 would not let you down but if I was you i would go and llook for a second hand model as they are still very expensive to buy new.
I have just bought a KF2 as the original KF has been the car to beat over the last few years but i'm yet to run it. Also worth considering is the Team C TM2v2, its forward motored like the KF2 but requires far less hop ups to make competitive. I ran the TM2v2 all last year and was superb. The TM2v2 is probably the most popular car at Bury too as we have a few Team drivers (inc myself until recently) so there is plenty of support and parts backup available.

Chris