View Single Post
Old 19-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrob View Post
not quite sure what you mean that it would change the front gearbox and the top plate..if you were to run a triumph rear diff case the front belt would take the same path as the standard mid gear box i would have thought the only change would be that the front belt would be driven straight from the lay shaft. the only change in the rear would be that the gears are replaced by a rear belt..just a thought.. i'm now more curious for myself if this would work
It would change the front gearbox, by the outlet of the front belt. The front belt will no longer skim the chassis all the way to the back like on the Mid. it will gradually work its way up to the layshaft pulley. So the front gearbox opening is facing upwards at an angle, and lower belt cover can't be used. next you will need to cut some slots on the upper deck to allow the belt to pass through it like in the lazer zx.The rear gearbox will also need a bigger upper opening. Yes this could be done but like I said it wouldnt look like an optima mid anymore. if this is acceptable yeah I can do this.

Last edited by alcyon; 19-04-2017 at 04:27 AM.