View Single Post
Old 17-01-2013
Mad Member

Default Bulk

I think there is a current small discount for buying bulk Harry's and I guess the same for the Percy.
I feel eventually we will all have to have Harry or Percy for the main clubs. And MRT may well be defunct unless they develop a PT that will work with the later system and offer a trade in of the old MRT pt's ?

Hopefully a cost effective and easy transition will materialise in the next few months. But at the moment, it's not looking great news for anyone really, except the seller of the Harry/Purcys

I think Darren made some very good points regarding local/regional club interaction.

We all need to think about the club racer and the regionals to. The higher the racer is/gets in results etc the more accepting they become of change and the costs involved, and just tent to go with the flow.
It's the club racers, the bread and butter of most clubs that need to be considered. A Pt is an expensive item just to count a lap, even thou its accepted as an essential item for all classes. If the makers got the price down, to maybe £20 per PT, then no one would really care, but at £65/£76 per PT it's just not something budget/local/club racers are willing to just replace. It's an expensive item that we just have to have. To make life easy.

I race a supastox at BRCC and they use an iris style PT that's £20, I had to buy one to race there and that was no problem. But if I was told, I had to buy a £76 PT to race there I would have not bothered. Not a chance as I have 2 x Harry's already for my 10th buggies.

So it does come down to price in the main part, so maybe there is a back step to be made, the clubs go back to 20 rechargeable PT's as handouts before your round and do away with personal PT's.... Then BBK would be a little stuffed as they would sell none of there PT's once all clubs had there 20.... So no one wins.

Sadly, we are not wanting to go back to the old style PT handouts, so we must move on, just a shame it's bully boy tactics of " buy the latest pt or our other PT or your stuffed"

Not ideal in any version for the clubs, racer or wallet. Only winner is the maker of the PT and the software......... And that is..............
2013 & 2014 OOPLE INVERNATIONAL
BEER RACE RUNNER UP!

FEEDBACK LINK =