View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
Just thinking about it, Serpent might be doing some clever work on the timing on the background. They've given themselves a good amount of time to get the bugs out and improve/mod the chassis. I don't know what team drivers they have, but if they can drive themselves in the picture and release a rear motor and simultaneously or shortly after a mid motor, they've really done their homework!

To be honest I'm not expecting anything crazy, but a solid car, price and decent result from team drivers is enough to establish your brand in the scene I will be watching their progress!
Good point its coming up to the World Championships this so they're developing a car to compete. They had financial issues not so long ago and can't afford to throw money at everything. I suspect that they are trying show the world (and not narrow minded people that are upset because it can't be mid motor) what they can do so they can build a name for themselves globally in the likes of the USA where 2wd is at it's most popular.

Then after the Worlds they'll look at Europe so a mid motor car probably will be on the agenda at some point when they can afford it unlike other manufacturers bought out by the major distributor companies and have gone to crap because they are doing too many projects at once.

Look at Yokomo no one distributed them until they brought out a mid motor car and then people are taking notice and selling them.

Good on Serpent.