View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014

Everythings great as it is, fully fit for purpose so can I propose we leave it alone

Failing that I've a few thoughts,
  1. 10th racing buggies continue to have free choice of any tyre.
  2. Ride height to be sensible inline with conditions, 6mm minimum in race trim at rest. Random checks, possibly 5 per evening, to ensure compliance with the rules.
  3. This is not a serious race car club. Its a club to bring on the new blood. As such no changes are needed to the track. (Just on common sense grounds, if we extended the track how would we all pit and marshall safely?)
  4. I like limiting the cars to 8 but really, I can't think its practical in the time we have. It'd mean turning people away and new racers could be unlikely to know about the online booking in. If we did thought, maybe an idea could be those who don't help with the track, putting away or setting up, get put the back of the list
  5. Make the race series shorter, monthly perhaps to allow the track design to be changed more frequently.
  6. Every 5th week be an open track with the more experienced racers assisting the lower final guys. This could be all aspects, advice on getting round the track, assistance wiring the car neatly, help with set up or even truing tyres.
  7. Set up online payment to accompany online booking in.
  8. Don't know if this is one for the AGM or the committee meeting. It came to mind hearing Janice call repeatedly for transponders to be returned on Friday. What about the club doing another group buy as we did in the past. We'd need to check the current situation but in the past the club had to order 10 or more to get a club rate but the discount was very good from memory.