Thread: SCT Future
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2015

I've never raced SC trucks myself, but I've always been interested in the class and I do enjoy watching full scale short course.

From just what I've seen, I don't think it's getting any weaker - rather the hype from the initial boom (when every manufacturer, RTR or race kits, stuck some bumpers on their stadium truck chassis and chucked one on sale) has tapered off slightly. Once a smaller manufacturer realises they aren't shifting a sufficient amount of units, of course they'll eventually discontinue the car. It's survival of the fittest, just like any category - the cars with the most R&D, factory support and manufacturer pedigree will be the ones that shift the most units. The grids might look less diverse, but it's not completely unexpected in my eyes.

Regarding driving standards, I've only seen it and never experienced it - but it's no different to how it is in real life. Deliberate take-outs are highly questionable, but normal short course racing does go beyond a bit of a rub here and there. That's not to say the scale variant should mimic reality all the time - if a vast majority of drivers make their voices heard, basic contact rules can be enforced at each club, or nationally.