Thread: SORC 2013 ideas
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2012

John

I'm happy we're all thinking about different format ideas, but can't see how yours would work any better than current if we still run the meetings the same way i.e. quickly.

Great we can concentrate on 1 car for two rounds, but if you break it when does it get fixed if you are back out racing and marshalling the second car.

What we need in my opinion is more racers, agreed easier said than done, but if we could get to 8 heats (doesn't really matter the 2wd/4wd mix) it would give time. Let say we have 4 heats of both. Race then marshall, then you have 2 heats plus the gap in between heats to repair or change the car.

If we can reduce the time between heats from the 4m + just now to 2.5min's, then we could also have a 10 minute break end of round, more time to fix the cars. This obviously relies on getting started on time which in turn puts pressure on the track builders to be finished.

Other idea is possibly to drop a final round or two, but potentially add another round of qual.

Another idea could be try a couple of meetings with just 2wd and 4wd seperate, see how many drivers turn up. We could run both classes on the day so those that don't have both a 2wd and 4wd could still run.

It would also be interesting to hear what the drivers thought about the meetings this year, they obviously ran a little longer than previous, finishing typically at 6pm, but everyone had more racing, 4 heats and 3 finals. Was the longer day with more racing preferred to less racing and a shorter day.

Derek
Kyosho DB1
Kyosho DB2
Kyosho Turbo Ultima
Kyosho Optima
Schumacher Atom
NORA - Northern Off-Road Arena - www.ddrcc.co.uk
Trader Feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49044