View Single Post
Old 13-08-2014

Hi, just wanted to offer another different opinion on the rules. I think using Nimh or Nicad batteries just creates more hassle and cost, most people have ditched their old batteries in favour of lipos. The same is true with brushed motors, pretty much everyone now uses brushless and having to purchase new motors and escs just creates yet another financial barrier of which there are already too many in R.C. car racing. The same goes for radios, no one wants to go back to the days of making sure everyone is on different crystals etc. In addition to this tyres should be open.

I think as a rough guideline cars should be pre 2000 but with room for exceptions and flexibility on the day so that if people turn up with something they are allowed to use it - a common sense approach would be needed. I also think 2wd and 4wd should race together as its only for fun and the most important thing is getting a good number of cars in the race. Having lots of rules and regulations will only put people off and create more cost and if anything, will make racing more serious and competitive as people do anything they can to squeeze performance out of outdated electrics etc.