View Single Post
Old 19-05-2013

Default diff & slipper adjusted 3 times in a row is this right

This thread is a bit old but if anyone can help that would be great.
I upgraded my Son's madrat to a 9T 3 phase motor with 2 cell Lipo batteries a while ago but I’ve never been sure if the diff and/or slipper has ever been set up correctly.
The last couple of times the diff (as far as I can tell) has been slipping more so.
I stripped the diff and all looked ok I didn't see any balls broken but there was a circular ring mark with a very fine indent on each thrust plate (if that’s what they are called) from the location of the bearings, reassembled and set the diff & slipper as per zagonielod instructions.

Took it for a test drive at first all seemed ok even got the front end in the air (adjusted the slipper to stop lifting) then a few minutes later the diff started slip. Rechecked the diff adjustment and it was quite loose. It took quite a bit to get it re-adjusted gave it a test drive and after a few minutes it stated to slip again. Readjusted the diff again and as I thought it was about right the diff started to slip again as I was checking for slipper shaft to rotate. After adjusting the diff again took it for a test drive at the moment it seems to be holding.
My question is:
Can anyone explain why I would need to adjust it so many times in such a short space of time and if it starts to slip again what is the best option.
Does any know if the entire ansmann 2wd cars have the same diff setup or is there better options?
Thanks for any advice