View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016

Playing with my toy car has already amused my friends greatly but possibly no more so than my love of 90s French hot hatches

My parts have arrived in stock and been ordered so I should be good to go on Tuesday, which is warmer and dryer by the looks of things!

It looks like there is a fair chance I'll be working in Woking from some time in January so it will be easier to get down the track after work, which may help. I'm still not sure I could justify binning Mrs9 off for two nights a week but you never know!

She's on FB so will take a look at the club page with her when she reappears from her night out last night!

My selection of pinions has now turned up, as well as my cheap sensored ESC and motor but I think I'll have a fiddle with the geometry next time out and try and find a nice setup before I change anything electric (or even gearing) as it all seemed 'fine' last time out.

A lot of guys recommended lighter oil in the rear dampers than the front, when the car was built, so I am running 40wt(F)/35wt(R). I might dial out some of the aggressive front toe-in next time out and see if the understeer can be tamed and, if not, I may look at switching the damper oils round - start with the simple stuff. Perhaps I need less toe at the rear but I guess that needs some new parts.
Associated RC12R5.1