Thread: Council updates
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2012

Default Update 22.5.12

Ok folks

After a hastily arranged meeting with Lianne at the track this afternoon, I have some good news to report to our members.

And after berating the council that the originally proposed parking area offered was inadequate, they have finally acknowledged that its building would be wasteful, given our imminent application to extend past it! so

They have agreed to provide our expanding club, with a considerable parking area that extends towards the new gymnastics building and down to the middle of the two cabins. The area will have basic, but adequate surfacing and will have the knee high wooden fence, down and across, preventing anyone driving onto the football pitches right up to our cabins. (save for a small access). The yet to be seeded area left over toward the new building, will be available to pitch on next year.

The works will be done immediately and are expected to be finished within 2 weeks.

I will still be submitting the previously mentioned funding application to the council, which ultimately aspires to the building of a purpose built rostrum and club house.

Will keep you posted.

Darren
Chairman
BMRCC

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.