View Single Post
Old 17-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Confusing the issue, on the yz2 i run the bmax4iii arms and its excellent on both high, med and low traction tracks, I've found.

On my bmax4iii, i found the narrower yz2 rear arms to be worse on sandy medium traction astro, and Yorcc gym floor low traction, so i went back to B4-008R1 arms. I've not run yz2 rear arms at RHR though.

Allan, what's the technical reasoning behind the arm width for high or low traction?
Right, I was starting to seriously doubt what I believed to be correct after this thread and it was starting to get really confusing. I decided to do some reading on the subject and also spoke to Cockers about it.

After all that:

In theory, wider = more grip, however in reality it tends to translate as more stable. Narrower = more reactive, which gives the impression of more grip, however I believe in the grand scheme it will be less.

This now makes sense. If you try the YZ2 on Astro with stock arms, you will notice that it is extremely reactive. Stick the BMAX arms on and it is far more stable and much easier to drive.

This would also make sense with the YZ2 arms on the BMAX. Less grip without making the car too sensitive.

This also explains why you found the wider arms better Neal.

Now I need to get myself some track time for testing. I do love this stuff about racing, everyday is a school day.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs