View Single Post
Old 21-11-2011
Mad Member

A mate of mine went on one a few years ago, bitterly disappointed.
Not proper laps, basically just a short oval. Kept getting told to ease up, he is a test driver by trade, so at least as well qualified to thrash the cars at 11/10ths as the "instructors".
The whole "experience" bit of it was less than 20 minutes. And don't think he even managed to get to the ton, so far far below the point at which its worth driving anything with that much grip and power.

On the flip side i did a Ford driver experience track day thingie, which cost about the same (£175-200 ish IIRC). But as the cars were FAR cheaper, and FAR less powerful (quickest was the previous shape Focus RS) i got to really press on, no requests to "ease up" even to the point of provoking lift off oversteer at 100+mph. (Which gave the rear seat passenger a shock!) Ended up with about 3 hours in the assorted cars, of which around 50-60 mins was actually at the wheel.

Maybe look for something a little less "prestigious" and a little more fun. Rally track day, sports car track day, off road track day rather than driving four strangulated supercars round an oval for 5 mins at a time.

Don't tell him, but he might learn something about driving too. ;o)