View Single Post
Old 29-11-2011

I second that. My other half did the single seater experience at Silverstone on Sunday (she's a bigger petrol head than me!).

Her Bro did an Aston experience and we were shocked at the lack of time spent in the car.

The single seater experience at Silverstone was excellent though. The circuit used is Stowe, with plenty of space. The cars are limited, she was bouncing it off the rev limiter on the main straight, but it still manages to nudge a ton. You don't get any of the rubbish instructor laps, they put you out in a car behind a pace car for 20 mins, and then you get your un-paced session. They were very good on driving standards, generally let you do as you please. They had one spinner who they just brought in and slapped his wrist, then he was back out on track.

They also offer in-car footage (well worth getting), and a data logger readout afterwards.

The only gripe I had (and it wasn't really a gripe) was that there was a lot of cars out in the session (13) and so there was a lot of traffic at somepoints.

If you are thinking of a xmas gift I would highly recommend it!