View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014

Hi Lenny.

I answered your post in the 1/10th buggy section and thought I'd post it here to improve the chances of you seeing it.

I would recommend jumping in at the deep end so to speak. Vrc won't prepare you for the track at Mansfield and bashing is NOTHING like driving on a race track. Stay away from 4wd buggies, no one runs them at Mansfield. A 2wd is needed.

Don't spend much on the buggy itself. A cheap team c will suffice, I have two retired rolling race chassis and may consider selling one for cheap.

Put your money into the radio and servo to give you the best chance of keeping it under control. I've seen too many beginners struggling to get clean laps With their top spec buggies because their radio system has so much lag and the servo is too slow and weak.

Radios- Stay well away from core, etronix, absima, ansmann and the other generic Chinese brands. Stick with Spektrum, KO Propo, Sanwa and Futaba. Do you want to use a stick or wheel radio?

Servos- Any metal geared Savox will do.

Sensored esc and motor combo is needed. The speed passion reventon s with 13.5 competition motor is plenty. I've won B finals in the past with less power.

As far as batteries are concerned, hard cased and the cheaper the better. Don't be sucked into spending loads of cash on them. The same goes for the charger.