Thread: FWD/FF Buggy
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014
Mad Member

Update time! I have built the car just over a week ago, just in time for an opportunity to test the car. I must admit it wasn't a well prepared test, but things look promising: the car seems to handle more naturally. Like the last car it may take a few events to find a nice base setup for the car, but I can feel that the construction and geometry of the car is already a step ahead over its predecessor, now it's time to dial the first two key things: weight balance and dampers.

@J-milz: I recall there are plenty of video links earlier in the topic

The story in short: Cars can jump flat because their driven wheels spin up upon leaving the ramp as the motor is no longer under load. If this spin-up is too small or not present, the front end falls down like a brick (believe me, I've tried it and even rear-motor RWD buggies suffer from this).

As such, the FWD can jump flat, even with it's motor pointing towards the sky, because the wheels can spin up. However, it is crucial to make sure the wheels don't show (too) much wheelspin upon leaving the ramp. In addition, it's more sensitive to changing throttle input mid-air, or braking, the last of which I don't recommend

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy