View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott83 View Post
Thanks for replies

I need help with a nice set up, to get us going.

I can remember going to meets up oak dale with 7-8 6 cell demon batteries, to find out it’s nothing like that anymore. But where do I start with the kind of battery to buy, probably so many different types of battery to buy would just like some recommendations for them, and best place to buy?

Also we would like to know a decent handset, I’ve always used a toggle but he fancies a trigger handset.

Also the motors I used to run were 15 trebles and 12s, but to find out it’s now 17.5 or 10.5, what’s the difference and also where’s a nice reasonable shop for gear like this

I was thinking of fixing the car I have now up just to see how he gets on for the first couple of weeks,

Is there anywhere that sells 2nd hand set ups just to get us going or, is it better to make it from scratch

Thanks again
Ok its dependant on what your after but you could aim for a 8.5t motor and just turn don the speed so when he gets betterc ou wont need to buy another motor. Orion do a good one, but prcey so always a cheaper variety around like hobbywing, but you need one capable of 5.5 as yes youll never use that wind in a 2wd but the esc will be capable and means more reliable. Lipos most use a shorty pack but are all around the same price range, but you will need a charger for that as well that can balance charge. Oakdale, well you must have seen me there as i was there every week as well.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS