Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colreid View Post
Thanks for that, clears things up a little.

I thought the front gearbox may have been a teamline part, as the colour is almost identical to the castor blocks.

The intention at the moment is to tidy mine (ZXR Mk1) up and keep as a shelfer, and to turn the Mk2 into something i could run again; possibly in an iconic race.

I'd like to go down the route of the fibrelyte carbon tub, as i always wanted one when younger.

Is there anything in particular i need to know when it comes to ordering one?

Colin
Yes, tub chassis yoy need to be specific as you cant send back if you cocked up. First of all you need to choose what chassis you want it based on from their online kyosho page. Then any changes you may want to add. Question is what exactly are you going to be doing as now my chassis is available as well (never was available to anyone until i gave the go ahead recently) and as per images on this site you can see what changes ive done to use lipo so if you want a serious racer then chassis, lipo tray, centre cf block, 3mm washers under the top deck to rise it and then the belt tensioners for the front and rear belts. Front teamline gearbox and that semi circular tower (fibrelyte do that tower) and alloy pivot blocks are a must if using brushless.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS

Last edited by Welshy40; 11-10-2015 at 10:43 AM.