View Single Post
Old 17-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mro_racing aka Doorbell View Post
Yes I would like to get everyone involved so as to make the perfect racing car for racers.
No more spy shot at the moment as I've got technical issues with my computer but soon as that back up and running the next photo will be realised.
Well done for trying something different. The XB4 alikes were getting pretty dull. Without invitation, here are some thoughts just on the picture. I cant see the front wing, so it must be reasonably small. Why not make it much bigger? Not as if drag is a problem, just up motor. Same with the rear wing, go big! Cab forward shells came about to add downforce at the front. With a larger front wing this is not needed. Why not lengthen and significantly lower the cab? This will give a cleaner airflow to the rear wing. Also moving the rear wing backwards will probably give more downforce again due to cleaner airflow. Also might make the car more stable at speed due to torque reaction. Ref: inboard suspension geometry, are you using a MBS CAE tool for this like ADAMS / SIMPACK? Anyway, just some ideas (ducks!).

Last edited by AntH; 17-08-2018 at 05:56 PM.